Medical professionals have a duty to protect the lives of their patients. They are responsible for providing care and supervising our healing process. While the majority of medical professionals are competent and trustworthy, mistakes do still happen. In the case of medical malpractice, a patient may suffer serious or life-threatening injuries as a result of the medical professional’s error or neglect.
Medical malpractice may involve a doctor, nurse, surgeon, pharmacist, dentist, anesthesiologist, or other health professional. Types of medical malpractice include:
- Failing to properly review the patient’s medical history
- Failing to diagnose a medical condition that should have been discovered
- Misdiagnosing a serious medical condition
- Incorrectly performing a medical procedure
- Leaving a foreign object inside the patient’s body during a procedure
- Performing the wrong medical procedure
- Prescribing, administering, or dispensing the wrong medication or dosage
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one as a result of medical malpractice, Zinns Law can help file a lawsuit seeking compensation on your behalf. Our firm may be able to recover an award for damages including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Please contact us for help with your case.